Grace Cottage is a waterfront rental home located in Harbor De Grace on Long Island, Maine, just a short ferry ride from Portland. The cottage offers wonderful ocean views and, within steps of the house, you have access to a quiet beach. Look out onto the water as you sip your coffee or wine from Grace Cottage’s deck!
Long Island is one of the 15 islands in Casco Bay and was established in 1993 after seceding from the City of Portland. During the fall, winter and spring, Long Island is home to approximately 230 year-round residents. In the summer, the island welcomes hundreds of families who have been vacationing here for decades, as well as new visitors seeking deserted sand beaches, roads perfect for long bike rides, and gorgeous sunsets. A step onto Long Island is like taking a step back in time, when the pace of life slows to the soft summer breeze.
During World War II, Casco Bay became the United States Navy base for destroyers escorting Atlantic-bound convoys. Facilities constructed on the island included the Torpedo Control Officers School of the Portland Naval Training Center, a navy supply pier with a naval fuel annex. The Naval Auxiliary Air Facility Casco Bay seaplane base operated as part of the Naval Air Station Brunswick from 1943 to 1946.
Grace Cottage is a bright and clean beach house that provides guests all the comforts of a modern vacation property. The cottage was renovated in 2017 and decorated by Adriana Kertzer, a New York City-based design entrepreneur originally from Brazil. Adriana created interiors that are airy, cheerful and fresh.
Grace Cottage is currently perfect for a couple’s getaway and, come summer 2018, a family. It has the following:
- Master bedroom with a queen size bed and direct views of the water;
- This winter we are turning the attic into a second story bedroom with four twin beds (which can be combined into two king beds);
- A full bath with shower and bathtub, plus a heated towel rack;
- High speed wifi;
- 2 modern adult bikes;
- Bed sheets, bath towels, and beach towels;
- Beach chairs, umbrellas, cooler, and totes;
- Kitchen with an oversized refrigerator, dishwasher, stove/oven, mini oven, microwave, toaster, and all utensils you need to prepare numerous meals;
- Kitchen basics such as sugar, flour, salt, sweetener, pepper, red pepper flakes, extra virgin olive oil, anti-stick cooking spray, and balsamic vinegar;
- French press and traditional coffee maker with filters; and
- Bathroom amenities such as shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
We will consider renters with hypoallergenic dogs on a case-by-case basis.
We look forward to sharing Grace Cottage with you so you can be surrounded by the magic of everything the Maine coast has to offer: the outdoors, views of the ocean, stunning sunsets, gorgeous views, and a small friendly island town. Come to decompress, to recharge, and leave reinvigorated.